Teaching in a Virtual Environment
This page contains supports and resources for clinical faculty teaching in a post-COVID-19 environment.
Support for preceptors receiving class of 2021 students on July 6th 2020
- Please visit this guide, developed by FoM, Office of Faculty Development, which offers training videos, resources, and other necessary safety information to support you in your preceptor role.
Virtual Clinical Learning Workshops Recordings
- Virtual Teaching in the ICC/Virtual Clinical Environment: Tips and Tricks
Offered through FoM, Office of Faculty Development: These recorded sessions are for preceptors who are looking for support as they consider teaching and learning in this new virtual environment.
- The FoM, Office of Faculty Development and MedIT’s PGME Virtual Teaching Support
- The FoM, Department of Family Practice had developed tools and training on teaching while providing virtual care as well as an instructional seminar.
- Click here to view resources shared on their webpage
- Seminar Video: The Virtual Resident: Tips and tricks for teaching in a virtual care environment with Dr. Krystine Sambor
- From The College of Family Physicians of Canada:
“Tips for Supervising Family Medicine Learners Providing Virtual Care”
- From the Academy of Communication in Healthcare:
Covid-19 Telehealth: Relationship-centered Community Skills”